About Dr Sanjiv Goel
Dr. Sanjiv Goel is one of the leading & Senior orthopaedic surgeon of the region. He obtained his MBBS degree from IGMC Shimla and MS Orthopaedic from DMC Ludhiana.
His quest for perfection makes him travel across the world to learn newer technique before implementing on patient. He got his fellowship in Joint Replacement & Arthroscopy from Melbourne Australia by Royal Australian College of Surgeons after being trained by world class surgeon. He has also done his Mch in Orthopaedic. Ever since he has started his practice he has managed not only to solve the patient problem but also create a feeling of comfort & security to the patient
Surgical skills and experience is one of the very important factors for excellent clinical outcome. The outcome of surgery is also dependent on the quality of care received throughout the patients stay in hospital and the performance of a considerable number of health professionals, all of whom are influenced by the environment in which they work. Dr.Goel has more than 18 years of surgical experience and has special expertise in joint replacement surgery.Knee and shoulder arthroscopy trauma including fracture He brings his vast experience to India and has gathered a team of professionals whose sole purpose is to facilitate the patients journey to full independence!
World class implants manufactured by well-known companies like Johnson & Johnson (DePuy), Zimmer, Stryker, Howmedica, Smith & Nephew are easily available in India . All of these implants have stood the test of time and have numerous publications in reputed peer reviewed journals testifying their long-term survivorship. Dr.Goel has successfully used and implanted these various designs and is well versed with all systems in various clinical scenarios from simple to complex deformities..
Rapid recovery is synonymous with good surgical practice. This includes excellent surgical skill, well-designed implants, goodPhysiotherapy and good nursing care. The pathway brings European clinical standards to Indian shores and allows a well-informed patient to become motivated in his own recovery through a customized clinical pathway, which clearly defines the roles of all the healthcare providers involved in the care of the patient.
About My Practice
Trained at DMC Ludhiana and did my fellowship in JOINT REPLACEMENT AND ARTHROSCOPY at St Vincents Hospital Melbourne Australia.
- Have been into private practice for more then 18 years
- Have been performing joint replacements for 18 years
- I perform approximately joint replacements/year. These are knee and hip primarily, but also shoulder and elbow.
- I also perform revision surgery for worn out, loose or painful joint replacements.
- I am well trained and experienced in alternative treatments for arthritis. These include medications, P.T., exercise, dieting, bracing, injection therapy, arthroscopic surgery, cartilage transplant and partial joint replacement
- I update my knowledge on joint replacement surgery twice a year at educational courses.